Graduate Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise, and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
About our Graduate Programme:
As a graduate at Assystem, from Day 1 you will be welcomed to the Assystem family, we will focus on getting you up to speed on what we do, our values, and what you can look forward to on our 2-year experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with customers on live projects, bring value from the start and learn new skills.
As part of the programme, you will have access to Mentors, benefit from peer-to-peer learning through our Graduate Forums, identify and develop skills through our upskilling framework, and the opportunity to work across different industries and customers.
As a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, your main responsibilities will include;
- Contribute to the research and development of mechanical design packages for a variety of clients
- Assist in proposal writing and other related bidding activities when required.
- Bring fresh and innovative approaches to the way we deliver work
- Work within agreed budgets for assigned tasks whilst considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Produce details of specifications and outline designs
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
- Act independently, or under instruction from an Assystem Lead Engineer.
- Develop and use new materials and technologies
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Make sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Use research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly those in mathematical modelling and computer-aided design
- Present findings internally to Assystem teams and externally to clients, requiring excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Work in accordance with the Assystem Quality Management System.
- Work with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- Support site construction and commissioning work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or in a related field
- A keen interest in design and make projects
- Ability to apply mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
- Experience using CAD software such as Inventor, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar
- Technical and problem-solving skills along with reasoning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
Requirements for Assystem Graduate Scheme:
- Successful Candidate must be a UK Sole National
- Successful Candidate must be willing to relocate as part of their rotational Scheme (Relocation Support available)
The successful applicant must be a UK resident and, due to the nature of the work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet this criteria in order to attain a minimum level of BPSS clearance.
When will we be in touch?
Thank you for applying!
We will be sifting through applications from the 6th November, and you will receive a response to your application within 3 weeks of applying.
If you reach the next stage, you will be called by one of our recruitment team who will ask you some questions around:
– Your application
– Your Eligibility for the role
– Your passion for Energy transformation
– Your passion for your chosen discipline
– your knowledge on your chosen discipline.
Successful applicants will be invited to our in-person assessment centres. These will be held between 27th February – 20th March.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.