Graduate EC&I Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise, and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
About our Graduate Programme:
As a graduate at Assystem, from Day 1 you will be welcomed to the Assystem family, we will focus on getting you up to speed on what we do, our values, and what you can look forward to on our 2-year experience.
You will have the opportunity to work with customers on live projects, bring value from the start and learn new skills.
As part of the programme, you will have access to Mentors, benefit from peer-to-peer learning through our Graduate Forums, identify and develop skills through our upskilling framework, and the opportunity to work across different industries and customers.
- Contribute to the development of design packages for Electrical, Control and Instrumentation based systems, for a variety of clients (mostly nuclear, but also some other energy transition focused organisations).
- Support site construction and commissioning work.
- Deliver a broad range of engineering consultancy and support services to a variety of Assystem clients.
- Present findings internally to Assystem teams and externally to clients, requiring excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Act independently, or under instruction from an Assystem Lead Engineer.
- Work within budgets for assigned tasks.
- Work in accordance with the Assystem Quality Management System.
- Assist in proposal writing and other related bidding activities when required.
- Offer solutions to issues as they arise, rather than simply reporting problems for others to solve.
- Bring fresh and innovative approaches to the way we deliver work.
- BEng qualification in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Systems, Software)
- Experience using digital design tools (CAD, BIM, AVEVA, Smart Plant etc.).
- Knowledge and/or interest in coding and programming.
- Evidence of beginning your journey to Chartered status with the Engineering Council.
Requirements for Assystem Graduate Scheme:
- Successful Candidate must be a UK Sole National
- Successful Candidate must be willing to relocate as part of their rotational Scheme (Relocation Support available)
The successful applicant must be a UK resident and, due to the nature of the work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet this criteria in order to attain a minimum level of BPSS clearance.
When will we be in touch?
Thank you for applying!
We will be sifting through applications from the 6th November, and you will receive a response to your application within 3 weeks of applying.
If you reach the next stage, you will be called by one of our recruitment team who will ask you some questions around:
– Your application
– Your Eligibility for the role
– Your passion for Energy transformation
– Your passion for your chosen discipline
– your knowledge on your chosen discipline.
Successful applicants will be invited to our in-person assessment centres. These will be held between 27th February – 20th March.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.