Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community – the largest nuclear design house in Europe – delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions. This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK’s long term nuclear infrastructure.
Join us and develop your career alongside a dedicated, delivery focussed, world class engineering team.
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Bristol, Aztec West / Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent
Are you a skilled Electrical Engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be part of the biggest construction project globally? Do you have a passion for innovation, sustainability, and making a positive impact on the world? If so, then we want to hear from you!
Assystem is an international engineering company with one mission: accelerate energy transition around the world! We are seeking ambitious and talented Electrical Engineer’s to work on exciting and innovative projects in the nuclear energy sector. You will be part of a team working on cutting-edge technology and making a significant contribution to the energy industry in the UK.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of something truly special, working on the first of its kind nuclear programme in the UK in over 20 years. As an Electrical Engineer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the delivery of the electrical design package activities, addressing technical queries, and supporting the surveillance of the contractor delivery of the building’s electrical systems.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Review technical documents for electrical and building services
- Support delivery of safe, timely, and budget-friendly electrical design packages
- Optimize contractor delivery of electrical systems for buildings
- Resolve technical issues raised by team members, contractors, and suppliers
- Improve organizational learning and effective problem resolution
- Create technical manuals for electrical systems
- Identify risks and have a mitigation plan in place for approved solutions
- Manage building electrical system architecture, cable lists, and load lists
- Collaborate with other teams and stakeholders
- Coordinate with Responsible Designer, stakeholders, and contractors when necessary
Desirable Skills for the Electrical Engineer:
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize technical document reviews to meet deadlines
- Preferably has experience working in a regulated environment, but not required
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Strong technical skills in electrical engineering
- Experience in building services design development
- Proven record of providing innovative solutions in a technically complex and dynamic environment, prioritizing safety, security, and environmental responsibility
- Experience in developing and validating technical solutions through design interface
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions – Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Join us in making a positive impact in the future of renewable energy!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Pavement Design Engineer
Process Design Engineer