- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Lead, manage and resolve a set of issues, requirements and provide solutions to design, construction, test, commission and transition into final stage handover and operation to HV and MC equipment, systems.
- Coordinate with technical specialists to provide subject matter expertise inputs, appropriate challenge, reviews, solutions on technical aspects and multi stakeholder resolutions on behalf and with the end users.
- Provide Direction and leadership to engineering teams and provide engineering decision making activities, including consideration of commercial requirement, safety and supplier/client relationships support and stake holding.
- Arrange and lead technical meetings and workshops.
- Project management activities including forecast, planning, status reporting, task development and evaluation, work management, resource work flow, and budget forecast planning interfaces.
- Collaborate with Responsible and multiple detailed Designers, and the End User client teams to:
- ensure site integration of equipment and systems with interfacing functions/systems/structures of the Project Delivery Organisation (PDO) and Supplier Chain Organisations.
- communicate progress, risks, blockers, and forecast planning to support contract delivery to quality, time and taking cognisance of the harzard requirements and nicelat licence conditions.
- Resolve multi-disciplinary technical issues and queries, including input to/ownership of resolving technical Open Points (OP), interface queries and Design Changes (UKDC), Safety and configuration management.
- Provide Stand back and Cold Eye Reviews and Audits.
- Ensure delivery quality meets the Origin Requirements Intent and the UK Regulatory Aspect
- Ensure compliance of SHE (Safety, Health & Environmental) standards are maintained , amd work with the sites and client CDM structure and operating regimes.
- Engineer – Min 5 to 7yrs of effective experience
- Snr Engineer – Min of 7 to 10yrs effective experience
- Principle Engineer – Min of 8 to 12 years’ experience
- Demonstrable Understanding of Grid, Switch Yards and Power Transmission and Distribution
- SAP status or ability to gain SAP status an advantage
- Demonstration Permitting Systems and Authorisation Understanding is perative
- Experience of Large Machines Static and Rotating is a requirement
- Experience of Testing, Calculation and Verification is a requirement
- Design and Verification, Specification Development is a requirement
- Ability to stand firm when needed is a requirement
- Ability to manage and influence upwards in an organisation, to the peer group and sub tiers is essential.
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent the career progression
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience in Nuclear, Grid and or Regulatory industry is required
- Practical experience on the HV / MV electrical systems, structures, or components
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of end user engineering processes and systems
- Knowledge of electrical materials, components and sequential through life delivery aspects of HV and MV
- Experienced in the design and qualification of Electrical materials and equipment
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear regulations and LC Conditions
- Demonstrable experience of producing, and verification of technical specifications
- Knowledge of commercial contract structures and working practices, including supplier management
- Competent in use of IT applications e.g. MS suite, CAD, Specialist Purpose Software
- UK HSE and Electricity at Work Act
- Extensive leadership experience, managing teams, budgets, and third-party suppliers / contractors
- Project management skills, including delivery to time, cost, quality, and scope
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and collaboration experience
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.