Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a dynamic, self-motivated Document Controller to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Job title: Document Controller
Contract length: 9-12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating internal documentation across multiple departments to ensure that they are stored correctly on the relevant project Lifetime Records Index (LTR) and to ensure they are progressed through the Document Control system in a timely manner. This includes all official documents and drawings produced for Regeneration Facilities and Plant & Equipment projects, from concept design to handover.
- Use of Document Management Systems, WebCenter and DevOps to process and manage documents and data.
- Control of formal transmittals to / from the supply chain, ensuring project teams and suppliers are adhering to local and security processes. Ensure all documents and drawings that are transmitted internally or externally are effectively checked, registered, distributed, controlled, and monitored.
- Quality compliance checks to ensure all documents submitted through Document Control are traceable and meet the required document standards.
- Manage the Business-Critical Document Control Registers to ensure all data is complete, up to date and communicated to the project teams. Manage overdue documents lists and chase document reviews accordingly.
- Ensure all superseded & obsolete documents are managed effectively.
- Coordinate delivery of Supplier document packs (hard and electronic copies), perform Quality checks, register, and arrange delivery to the archiving team.
What we are looking for:
- Good numerical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expertise in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong attention to detail
- Requires minimal supervision and has the ability to deal with ambiguity and new situations using own initiative
- Takes responsibility for accuracy of own work, with a minimal requirement for rework
- Ability to prioritise own work and put in place actions to accomplish urgent new tasks
- Ability to identify and implement improvements to methods or procedures
- Comfortable when asked to undertake non-routine tasks
- Willing to take on additional tasks/responsibilities outside of own role to enhance skills and knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in Document management software would be beneficial
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Support Engineer (STP & Sewerage)-Mechanical
Internal Finance Auditor