- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is an International Engineering Consultancy with significant growth plans within our Energy and Infrastructure business here in the UK. Our Defence Infrastructure business are strategic partners to the MOD delivering significant infrastructure programmes across several defence critical sites, including some of Europe’s largest marine bases.
Assystem are recruiting a Mechanical Designer to join our expanding team on a permanent or contract basis working on projects within the Marine/Nuclear sector.
Job title: Mechanical Designer
Location: Hybrid Home/office working with trips to client site
Contract type: Permanent or Contract (Inside IR35)
- Demonstrable experience in mechanical design in accordance with BS/ISO standards
- Piping Systems
- Ability to develop complete design concepts/scheme definitions and full detailed design solutions using the appropriate design tools from basic information to the relevant codes and standards, legal and regulatory requirements e.g. LOLER, EMUA etc
- Application of 2D and 3D CAD software
- Production of general arrangement drawings, assembly drawings, component drawings, fabrication drawings, MPLs
- Production of scoping calculations
- Production of component specifications
- Installation and removal mechanical flow diagrams
- Self-motivated and customer focussed
- Able to work alone or part of a team
- Adherence to AEIL Quality Management System
- Ensuring work is delivered to agreed time scales, target costs and to the required quality
Qualifications and skills Required
- CAD packages: AutoCad, Inventor, Autodesk Revit
- HND in an applicable engineer/design discipline preferred or HNC with relevant experience.
- Perform approval/checking role as required and directed
- Application of GD&T
- Familiar with drawing standard BS 8888 and ASME Y14.·
- Mechanical machinery
- Pipework and pressure vessels
- Structural steelwork
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent ! Si vous souhaitez porter à la connaissance d’Assystem une quelconque situation ou des besoins spécifiques, n’hésitez pas vous serez accompagné(e) !