- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Design Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
As part of a growing account, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are looking to increase the size of their Derby site to respond to an increase in workload and are recruiting for a Design Engineer
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of new cutting-edge products. To be successful in this position, you should have hands-on experience using CAD software, with strong attention to detail and a creative flair
- Design new engineering components and assemblies to customer specifications
- Produce models and drawings of components and assemblies using CAD systems
- Research new product ideas and methods
- Identify Improvements to existing products or processes
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements customer requirements Understanding of applicable safety standards
- Find creative design solutions to problems
- Present concept and final designs to customers
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Design Engineer or a similar role
- Ability to work with the Mechanical engineering Team to realise designs Design for Manufacture
- Familiarity with 3D CAD systems (Siemens NX or similar) for model creation.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD systems (Siemens NX or similar) for drawing creation.
- Familiarity with PLM systems (Teamcentre or similar)
- Professional qualification in an engineering related field
- SC Clearance or capable of achieving it
Good communication skills, written and oral
Focus on delivering quality output to time and budget
Act with integrity and instils this in others
Ability to work with a good degree of independence, using their own initiative and self-motivation
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you