Cumbria / Warrington
Permanent / Contract
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation and provides technical engineering support across the world, supporting complex Nuclear New Build, Decommissioning and Defence programmes.
It is a fantastic time to join the industry. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging it’s support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects.
We are currently looking for a number of Mechanical Designers in our West Lakes or Warrington offices.
The role will be at the level of Designer and will work closely with CS&A Lead and Responsible Engineers.
You will be involved in the following:
- BIM / Coordinated Design
- Crane modification (design and implementation)
- Major plant modification (design and implementation)
- Building change-of-use
- Disassembly, dismantling, size reduction, and demolition of large equipment
- Integration with Site Master Planning
- Nuclear Safety and Hazard Management
- Production of engineering drawings, model-based animations, etc
This role requires interface with Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
- Extensive experience in use of Revit or similar CS&A design packages
- Use of Navisworks to integrate disciplines and undertake clash detection
- Conversion of 3-D models into 2-D drawings,
- Experience working within a highly regulated industry.
- Capable of working closely and effectively with engineers to deliver compliant design deliverables.
- Able to actively seek input from engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings