- Fixed-Term Contract / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
On behalf of Rolls Royce, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a number of Welders to work at the Rolls Royce site in Derby.
As a Welder, you will provide practical support to the welding development projects and support the shop floor to ensure uninterrupted production.
Job title: Welder
Contract length: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours, Split between Nights, Afters + Days (overtime achievable)
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Location – Rolls Royce (Raynesway)
You will be involved with the welding materials using various welding processes including.
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
- Electron Beam Welding
- Mechanised TIG welding
What we are ideally looking for in applications:
- Experience from an engineering background
- Time served within an engineering/welding discipline
- Familiar with the nuclear industry or Rolls Royce is highly desirable.
- Understanding of welding processes as related to manufacturing and engineering activities and strong understanding of quality and process control with respect to welding.
- Experience within TIG technology both manual and automatic.
- Electron Beam welding would be advantageous.
- Problem solving and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) experience.
- Good communications skills and able to interact with people at all levels within the business and appropriate level of IT skill.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.