Technical Coordination Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Main activities to be carried out as part of the service:
The Technical Coordination Engineering activities ensure the optimisation of the technical activities by providing support to all engineering teams based in EPR-E (EDF EPR Engineering UK) for the UK Hinkley Point C (HPC) EPR project.
The service ensures a strong link between the configuration management activities performed at the project level and the building or discipline that they are working for.
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables are as follows:
The proposed service is responsible for or assists with several of the below listed activities:
Configuration management (Design changes, open-points, interfaces):
- Ensuring the Design Change Management by piloting and coordinating the technical aspects of the Configuration (Design changes/Open points/Referential) between the different internal and external stakeholders ensuring a consistent and optimised (challenges the technical impacts) design for the Project.
Coordination of cross-functional technical issues:
- Ensuring the resolution of various cross-functional technical issues by coordinating multidisciplinary stakeholders.
- Participating where necessary in coordination meetings organised by the various parties involved in the project (modification committee, project decision meeting, etc.)
- Presenting and sharing progress, including KPI production, data analysis to support management and decision making
Participation to different Project Committees:
- Committees can be the Technical Referential Committee, Change Management Boards, Nuclear Island (NI) Risks & Opportunities Committee
Engineering sequence, delivery for MEH (Mechanical Electrical HVAC):
- Reporting delays or risk of Open Points (OP) in MEH Scope
- Managing the updates of the weekly basis of Configuration
- Coordinating updates to the end-to-end schedule and other shared database from a building perspective
- Supporting to building integration meeting with Client and reporting of key issues
- Securing the Configuration Management processes for MEH scope
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills
– Engineer with several years of experience in one or several engineering disciplines which can include nuclear safety, electrical, mechanical, systems, civil, layout.
– Failing a wide engineering background, a great ability to learn is required.
– Previous experience on the HPC project, including the use for the configuration management processes and tools
– Interpersonal and communication skills, proactive, influencing skills,
– Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative,
– Ability to multi-task,
– Logical thinking,
– Results focused with the ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience, Skills
– Experience with nuclear new build projects and EPR technology in particular
– Fluent English
– French advantageous
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.