- Renewable Energies
- Permanent /
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
Assystem in Türkiye, is renowned for working with the public and private sectors. Specializing in ESIA studies, site investigations, and laboratory research, the company offers vital site supervision owners and lenders engineering services. Notably, Assystem in Türkiye plays a pivotal role in major projects like power generation, and the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
Assystem Turkiye is seeking a junior to mid-level Ecologist to be based in Ankara, Turkiye. This position will mostly support projects in the KSA.
- Utilizes basic scientific principles, theories, practices, and existing technologies to develop solutions for technical problems with limited scope.
- Collects and enters data and applies technical principles and theories.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, and compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Plans and performs field tasks under limited supervision such as wetland and stream delineation, and habitat assessments and presence/absence surveys for protected species.
- Gathers data and other information to be used in the preparation of environmental reporting; compiles and organizes data collected during field by others.
- Prepares and/or reviews ecology reports including Ecology Resource Survey Reports, Assessment of Effects documents, Reevaluations, USACE 404 permit applications, and GA EPD buffer variance applications.
- Supporting other environmental staff with fieldwork, report writing/document preparation including data entry and ArcGIS mapping.
- Conducts client and agency coordination under limited supervision
- Assists with environmental compliance site visits on active construction sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in biodiversity, environmental consultancy, or related domains.
- Familiarity with international environmental standards and regulations.
- Strong proficiency in data collection from ecological surveys and insightful analysis.
- Experience in adhering to International Finance Institutions’ environmental and social standards, such as WB ESF, IFC PSs, ERBD PRs, etc.
- Excellent communication and report-writing abilities, delivering clear and compelling insights.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment and effectively manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in both Turkish and English, facilitating seamless communication.
- Sound knowledge and proficiency in MS Office applications
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent ! Si vous souhaitez porter à la connaissance d’Assystem une quelconque situation ou des besoins spécifiques, n’hésitez pas vous serez accompagné(e) !