Commissioning Engineer – Fuel Route and Cranes
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Senior Commissioning Engineer’s role will evolve during the lifecycle of the project and combine technical knowledge with project delivery skills. At the early stages you will contribute to detailed planning and preparation. Following this, you will oversee the execution of commissioning tests as part of a team and analysis of the results to justify the readiness of the HPC units to safely enter commercial operation.
The HPC commissioning team will be working with the Responsible Designer and the project’s contract partners to provide a suite of commissioning documentation combining technical test programmes with supporting safety justifications to influence and form part of the HPC Commissioning Arrangements. Building successful collaborative relationships with designers, contractors, the HPC project delivery team, site engineering and the plant operational organisation will be critical to ensuring that the interfaces with the commissioning process are properly defined and controlled.
- Accountable to a Commissioning Manager in the NNB HPC Project team.
- Develop commissioning documentation relating to commissioning testing and system validation activities.
- Contribute to design reviews to ensure layout of plant items and systems are in a manner that allows ease of commissioning.
- Contribute to detailed planning of commissioning and take ownership of a programme of commissioning tests.
- Take part in the execution of site commissioning activities including supervision of contractor commissioning personnel to achieve successful and safe commissioning of HPC systems.
- Provide information to assist the Commissioning Manager and Senior Commissioning Manager in meeting project- level objectives and milestones.
- Analyse commissioning results and provide reports summarising the outcome of commissioning.
- Ensure that the commissioning process meets nuclear, environmental, and industrial safety regulatory requirements and that it reflects best practice in international safety and technical excellence.
- Knowledge of UK context and legislation for lifting equipment (e.g. LOLER).
- Experience of conformity assessment for lifting equipment and working with Third Parties.
- Strong technical background in lifting and handling equipment.
- Demonstrable history of working within safety and quality cultures.
- Track record of major project delivery in a technical role.
- Good communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Hands-on experience on cranes and fuel handling machines.
- Experience in the design, commissioning, maintenance and/or operations of fuel route and nuclear safety-classified cranes.
- Experience leading technical teams.
- Familiarity with safety case process and design substantiation.
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the impact of change.
- French language skills would be beneficial.
- Full member (or working towards full membership) of an internationally recognised engineering body.
On HPC site and Bristol position 2 location
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.